The microwave oven is a convenient and fast means to cook food. However, not all types of cookware are suitable for use in a microwave oven. Ceramic cookware is one of the most popular materials for microwave cooking. In this article, we will tell you how to choose ceramic cookware for the microwave oven and how to use it properly.
Choosing ceramic cookware for the microwave oven
1. Check that the cookware is suitable for microwave use. Some types of ceramic cookware may contain metallic inclusions that can cause sparks and damage the microwave oven. Check that the cookware does not contain metal.
2. Choose a ceramic cookware that has a flat bottom. This will distribute the heat evenly and provide better cooking quality.
3. Choose ceramic cookware that has a coating that does not absorb odors or liquids. This will keep the ceramic cookware in good condition and provide better cooking quality.
4. Choose ceramic cookware that has a lid. This will keep moisture and flavors inside the cookware, which will ensure better cooking quality.
Using ceramic cookware in the microwave oven
1. Before using ceramic cookware in the microwave, make sure it is clean and dry.
2. Do not use ceramic cookware with metal parts, such as gold edges or handles.
Do not use ceramic cookware that is cracked or chipped. This can cause damage to the microwave oven and a health hazard.
4. Do not use ceramic cookware that does not have a lid if you are cooking liquid food. This can cause splattering and stains inside the microwave oven.
5. Do not use ceramic cookware that has metal parts if you cook food at high power
What must not be used in the microwave oven
- Cookware for the microwave can be very different in shape and material, but there are some containers, the use of which is strictly prohibited:
- It is forbidden to use metal utensils. First, the food in it will not be able to reheat because metal is resistant to microwaves. Secondly, it can cause sparks and cause the appliance to malfunction.
- Cookware for heating or cooking in the microwave should not have any pattern. This is especially true for patterns applied with gold paint.
- Do not put in the microwave crystal containers. Firstly, its composition contains substances that are harmful to microwaves. Secondly, the dishes themselves are not homogeneous, which hampers the operation of the device.
- It is necessary to use carefully and disposable containers. Plastic dishes will melt under the influence of microwaves, and cardboard ones will be covered with soot.
- No less damage to your microwave dishes can cause ceramic dishes.
- It is not recommended to use the one in which you cook in the oven. This is especially true for aluminum containers.